Saturday, May 12, 2012

Thank you morning glories

Another PTI Year of Flowers card today, this one with Morning Glories.

Now, I've never seen a Morning Glory in really life, and I'm far too lazy to google them before I start colouring, so I really have no idea if these are close to accurate... But I think the colours look great so I'll leave it there :)

This card has a few more layers and things than I usually use, but I think it comes out fairly CAS still. my first step was to stamp the morning glory bunch in Memento Tuxedo Black then colored it I with Copics (V06,V09, Y15, Y19, Y38, YG93, YG95, YG97). I then mounted it on a yellow card base (PTI Summer something or other).

For the sentiment panel, I die cut a Fillable frame from PTI white and stamped the bottom half in Background Basics Text with VersaColor Canary. The sentiment was stamped in Memento as well, using partial inks to only stamp the Thank You part from the Year of Flowers stamp.

I then grabbed a strip of black Cardstock I had lying around and cut it to match the shape of the die (by hand) then attached to the card front. Three little pearls from Stampin Up finish off the sentiment panel.

I think the bold colour combination and the layers work well together, ending up with a good looking thank you card, even if it is a little out of my style!

Talk to you all (few, or no one? :D) soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment