Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy happy birthday

This card is by far my favourite one that I've created lately. Daydreamer by PTI is fast becoming a go-to set for me, I love those flowers!

I think the reason I like it so much is because of the colours and the balance with the two strips down the left hand side.

It came together very easily with the flowers from Daydreamer stamped in Stampin' Up! Riding Hood Red, Summer Sun and Old Olive. I inked up the PTI photopolymer with Versamark first, then straight into the Stampin' Up! ink. It doesn't effect the Stampin Up pads at all, but means the ink goes down more smoothly and you get better coverage. I don't remember where I read the suggestion, but this was the first time I tried it out and it worked really well.

I did a similar trick with this card as the other daydreamer ones by colouring in some shading using my Copics. The white panel was then mounted on top of a strip if red and black which all then went on to a white card base.

I stamped the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black from a Fillable frames set also by PTI.

Thanks for looking!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment