Monday, May 7, 2012

Congrats

I was inspired by this beautiful piece of design that I saw on pinterest to create this little card. The photo honestly doesn't do this one justice (I've got to get better at taking photos from my blog).

I used Daydreamer by PTI for the leaves and flowers, stamped in VersaColor Camelia and Canary (leaves in a Colorbox PigmentQ shade of green). I stamped the sentiment from 'Congrats All Ways' and then masked around it with post it notes and then stamed the leaves. I think I didn't quite get the shape right, and if I made this card again I'd put some kind of flower down the bottom as well.

I also went in a little with some Copics to add detail to the flowers and leaves, it adds some depth to the stamping that is really nice in real life.

Because I mounted the white panel on a red card base, I lined the card with some vellum to make writing in the card easier (I still haven't found a white pen that I like!) there's room on the white Cardstock strip up the top to stamp a companion sentiment from the congrats set. I'll do this when I figure out who I am giving this card to and for what event!

Despite the fact that I'd make a few adjustments next time, I'm looking forward to giving this card away.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment