Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Experimenting with spray mists

I had some little empty spray bottles so I thought I'd try misting by making my own spray mists and here's the result!

First I stamped some PTI Year of Flowers Roses with Versamark and embossed using white embossing powder. I then got to spraying. The colours were three retired reinkers from Stampin' Up! (Pomegranate, Guava and Summer Sun), I put a few drops in each of my sprayers with some water and just happily squirted away until I got the look I wanted. I soaked up some of the colour with a paper towel to dry off the card a bit and then just let it dry out for a few hours.

Once it wasn't sopping wet anymore I stamped the sentiment (also from year of flowers) in memento tuxedo black, added a very thin strip of white and three little SU! Pearls.

The messy look of these sprays is about as Farouk of my comfort zone as I'm willing to go. I'm reasonably happy with the result though. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment