Friday, May 11, 2012

Hip hip hooray!

I was playing around with a Letterpress plate from Stampin' Up a while back and just found a pink impressed sheet of water colour paper in my scrap pile so I decided to use it up. I think it was impressed with Stampin' Up craft ink in Rose, but I can't be sure! Either way, I paired it with some dark grey (PTI smokey shadow) for a little square card (measures 4 inches square).

I also cut a PTI Fillable frame die with my bigshot, out of water colour paper as well so the neutrals matched (halfway between white and vanilla) and stamped the sentiment (from a fillable frames set) in Charcoal ink (VersaColor). A PTI button threaded with Raspberry Fizz twill ribbon finishes this one off. I used a piece of vellum inside to write on.

I really liked this layout and these colours together, so I decided to use my scraps up to make a little 'thanks' postcard.

I used the off cut from the die cut, and the rest of the letterpress panel to finish it all off. The back just has a rectangle piece of vellum for writing on, adhered with a piece of pink washi tape. These could make cute invitations for a birthday party, with matching thank you notes for all the guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment