Friday, May 18, 2012

Pink and red birthday

I got myself a wonderful new sewing machine a while ago, a significant upgrade from my poor old practically broken one and it came with a bunch of stitches that I was eager to try out. When I saw this string of hearts stitch I knew it would look great on Cardstock, so I pulled a piece of red I had lying around out and stitched this border.

The poor little piece of card then sat around for almost four months before I finally turned it into this postcard!

I didn't really know what to do with it once it was stitched, until I saw my pink (and only) roll of washi tape and decided to just play around. After sticking a strip of washi, and a scrap of ribbon, and then a little pennant on the card I called it done! Stamped a sentiment from PTI Fillable frames in charcoal VersaColor, then changed my about being done and added the button and tiny bit of ribbon.

Looking at these photos I wish I'd ironed that ribbon scrap! Red Cardstock was real red by SU!, white was PTI and the ribbon was raspberry fizz twill also from PTI. The cute little button is, of course, from PTI as well.

If I'd had a plan from the beginning this would have been a very quick card to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment