Thursday, June 30, 2011

PTI Make it Monday #21

I've finally been able to participate in a Make it Monday! And, as I had the card class colours on my mind, I've done a bit of killing-two-birds-with-one-stone. Gruesome saying that one.

Here's my 2-step masking card, made using the technique in this week's Make it Monday video over at Papertrey Ink.
I used a fillable frames die (#7) to cut the window in the mask, and like my zig zag card (linked above) I used repositional adhesive and some computer paper to make it out of. This card is completely one layer, which I love, easy to post and produces a 'how did you do that' look in whoever receives it!

I'm really liking PTI's Grunge Me at the moment, the elements in it are just beautiful. This card is for some close friends who are moving across the country to Queensland next week. She is really into pink and girly things, so I am hoping she likes the bright colour scheme.

The background is watercoloured using some watercolour pencils. It's been pouring with rain here today, the flooding gutters must have inspired me to create those vertical lines!

Ingredients:
Stamps: Grunge Me (PTI) Fillable Frames #7 (PTI)
Cardstock: PTI white
Ink: Lavender from a Colour Box Chalk Queue and Versacolor 101 Camelia and 81 Sky Grey
Extras: Computer paper, Zag 2 way glue pen, Derwent Inktense watercolour pencils

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...pouring rain from the gutters. I saw a little bird flying over the ocean waves through the colors of a sunset LOL :) Cute card!!!

    ReplyDelete