Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Never as much time as I like...

I never have as much time as I like to make cards. Well that's what I always say, but truthfully I think it's that I don't make enough time to make cards! So I decided to sign up for 'Summer Card Camp 2011', even though it's not summer in Australia right now. In fact, beautiful sunny Perth has been dismal rainy Perth for the past few weeks. Anyway.

So far (three days in) it's been great, i've really enjoyed seeing everyone else's cards and watching the technique videos and things. It really had be itching to make something, so I quickly made this card when I got home from work. This is the colour combo everyone is working with this week:
Love those colours together, i've been really liking orange lately.

So after about 30 minutes of playing around this is what I had.
I think it was a great idea in theory... but didn't turn out like I wanted in practice. I don't know what it is that bothers me, but I suspect it has something to do with how patchy the ink looks and the complete lack of white space.

The way i achieved the chevron pattern was to cut a piece of computer paper the same size as the card, then put repositionable adhesive all over the back. I then cut a series of zig zags in the sheet and used them to mask off the sections as I stamped in the different colours. The scary thing about this technique is that you don't know what the card looks like til you're done stamping and peel off all the paper!

I also didn't have a stamp for the 'so so much' next to the thanks, so just wrote that in with a marker.

What do you think? Would you suggest any changes?

Ingredients:
Stamps: Grunge Me, Background Basics: Text Style I & II & Polka Dot Basics II (All PTI)
Cardstock: PTI White
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, Pink Passion and Orchid Opulence (always laugh when I use this colour due to LateBlossom's name for it: fairy vomit) (All Stampin' Up)
Ribbon: Pumpkin Pie (Stampin' Up!)
Extras: Computer paper, Zag 2 way glue pen (for the repositionable adhesive), orange marker

5 comments:

  1. I have yet to try masking but this makes me what to try it. Your zig zags came out so crisp and perfect! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ladies :) You should try it out MsOktober, it's so much fun, and you can get some really good looks!

    ReplyDelete