Thursday, June 30, 2011

Another card camp card!


Another card featuring the colour scheme for the card camp I'm doing (see today's earlier post).

I like this card much better than my first attempt with the zig zags. I coloured in the background with these copic markers, blending them roughly at the joins.



I then embossed the Thankyou in white embossing powder on an acetate sheet. Final touch was simply to pop a strip of vellum on the background underneath where the sentiment goes.

I think this card would look great with a bunch of different colour schemes, or even some coloured embossing powder. I haven't used much acetate in the past, but lately I've gotten into it, and I can't believe what I've been missing out on! Try it out for yourself. :)

Here's another view of the card so you can clearly see the acetate and background and how they connect.



Ingredients:
Stamps: Think Big Favourites (PTI)
Cardstock: PTI white
Ink: Versacolor 81 Sky Grey (to emboss over, i had it out already so just grabbed it!)
Extras: Clearly Creative Cardstock acetate sheets (PTI), Copics (pictured), White embossing powder (Stampin' Up!)

14 comments:

  1. Hello fellow camper! I love how you blended the copic colours. You card is like a mini painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!, saw this on the student forum and I'm just blown away by it

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your idea, simple and nice...

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a really pretty card. awesome technique-i never would have thought of that. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fave :). I thought you had used alcohol inks and glossy paper, or a brayer. I had no idea they were Copics!! I have it stuck in my mind that you have to use 2-3 shades of each color w/Copics, and this is perfect proof that you don't! Thanks for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too thought this was alcohol ink on glossy cardstock. Great effect!!! Congrats on the student spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! Congrats on student spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love that blended, watercolored look. And your sentiment on acetate is so brilliant. Congrats on being spotlighted. ;-) Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a marvellous card.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great design! Congrats on being student spotlight!

    ReplyDelete