Thursday, March 22, 2012

Make It Monday #58

On a roll with blog updates, here's something I made when I got home from work for PTI's Make It Monday.

The theme of the challenge this week is gradient backgrounds with either copics or ink refills. I chose copics (I might be an addict) and came up with this.
I wanted a kind of rough rainbow look, but I think what I actually got was a sunsetty look with some blue and green snuck in.  I really like it anyway.  I then heat embossed the sentiment on some vellum and layered it over the copic coloured cardstock. A very simple card but packs a big impact. Also very easy to mail!

And the copics I used are:

Other supplies:
White card stock, vellum, white embossing powder, Versamark and Big Birthday Wishes (PTI)

5 comments:

  1. Great work with the vellum. Simple and Beautiful card! Definately a keeper idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! I do really like this technique, very easy but so striking and effective, especially with bright colours.

      Delete
  2. Great job on the technique-I love the bold color combo and the touch of vellum is the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty rainbow - very effective with the vellum overlay!

    ReplyDelete